Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Premiere, part 2


Here is a picture of the leads from Georgia Rule at the premiere I saw the other night. It took place in a much smaller space than I had imagined. I had the impression that reporters just fought for space along the rails and shouted out questions, but they actually all have assigned area. Each news outlet had a white sign on the carpet so the stars could easily see with whom they were going to chat. Every time a star showed up there were a lot of screams but it was a bit deafening when Lindsey Lohan showed up (why, why, why?). She spent a good 30 minutes on the red carpet. She would stand and pose for photos, move about two feet to the left and do it again. Then she did her interviews with about 1/3 of the news reporters. Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood had their own separate raised areas at the beginning of the carpet and the rest of the schlubs just had spaces along the railing.


My mom just wanted to know how Jane Fonda looked. "Is she still beautiful?" And she IS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must admit too that Jane Fonda looks fantastic. I feel shamed!!

Ruth