Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I am old


Red Rocks is truly the most amazing venue to see a concert. Of course you have to walk up so many steps to get to it that if you survive the climb you deserve a good concert. And that we got. We were in the 42nd row and it was LOUD. I can't imagine being much closer.
Evidently the lineup changes concert to concert, ours was:
The Cliks (sp?)
The Dresden Dolls
Debbie Harry
Erasure
Cyndi Lauper
Margaret Cho was the MC. I've seen her several times in concert before. She's always raunchy but dang, put her in front of a bunch of gay people and she doesn't hold back at ALL! I now know much more than I ever wanted to about female things.
The Cliks were interesting. There are four and I thought two were guys and two were girls but it turns out that they were all girls! Their sound wasn't the greatest so I couldn't understand many of the words.

The Dresden Dolls were very good. I had never heard of them before but they had quite the fan base. Skippy even liked them.
Deborah Harry wore the smallest miniskirt. The only song she sang that I recognized was French Kissing in the USA and even that I had only heard part of before.
Erasure, on the other hand, poured on the hits. It was like being in the clubs again!
Now Cyndi, I have seen at least five times before. She has one of the most amazing voices, much better than even shines through on her recordings. But by that time we were so tired and we had to be up at 3:30 am, so we left during her first song. The road to Red Rocks is one lane each way so the drive out would have taken way tooo long.
All in all a great night.
Oh and by the way we put in a bid on our first house.

No comments: