Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Theatre review

Spring Awakening! I finally saw Spring Awakening! It's a rock opera set in the 1890s and was quite quite good. I think Skippy would love it more than his beloved (blech) Les Miserables. I purposely didn't read anything about it and when the woman behind me started talking about the plot before the curtain went up I covered my ears.

I had a third row seat! Perhaps a little too close as the lead was definitely a singing spitter. I do pity the people in the first row, they needed an umbrella. Knowing nothing about the play, imagine my suprise when I saw a boobie (eeeeew) and a guy's butt (yay!) twice! At least it wasn't gratuitious as the whole second act played because of that scene.

Talk is it will win best musical this year at the Tony's and I certainly can see why. Highly recommended especially because it still has the original cast.

No comments: