Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Are we ready yet?


I firmly believe that kids are becoming numb to the constant violence they are exposed to through tv, video games, etc. I know for myself, when ER first came out I couldn't watch it at all. Now I can watch every second of it and not blink once, no matter the procedure. Luckily I still can't watch things like Kill Bill and Grindhouse. Anyone who thinks that all this violence isn't numbing us and making violence more acceptable in our minds is just kidding themselves.

I asked Skip a couple of weeks ago to play the new Lord of the Rings Online game with me. He likes to watch and says he doesn't like to play because he's "not very good" at it. I'm very very good at telling when he's not being honest with me so I pressed him. He finally admitted he just couldn't see himself doing all that killing. You know what? That's totally fine with me and I won't ask him again. Good for him.

No comments: