Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Musings...

The older I get the more I want nothing to do with scary rides at amusement parks. This summer has done nothing to persuade me otherwise...

The only time I watch Fox (blech) News is at the gym and then it is only glances here and there while I'm doing cardio. I have noticed that they spend a lot of time talking about Rosie O'Donnell. Consistently. Almost every time I am there. Yesterday it was for almost 15 minutes in a segment called Rosie's Rants. Interesting.

I still don't feel 100% after coming back from Germany. The jet lag has left me tired and happy I didn't have to travel this week.

I think my chances of seeing the Spice Girls in concert are pretty bad. Evidently 1 million people have signed up for 11 concerts so far.

Don't freak out but I'm going to say something nice about Microsoft. My XBOX 360, built in 2005, had the dreaded 3 red rings of death meaning the hardware failed. I called to get it fixed and they told me it was out of warranty so it would cost me $140 to fix. Well Microsoft has admitted to production problems with consoles made in 2005 so why should I pay for them to fix their mistake? I waited about a month, called back and asked again that they fix it for free since it was their (admitted) issue. The lady tried to tell me that I had bought the console in May 2007 (2 months ago) when I actually bought it in November of 2005. OK so that wasn't the nice part. I told her about the 2005 issue and after doing some research she told me that the offer to fix 2005 consoles was a limited time offer. I explained that I travel every week and therefore don't play it nearly as much as these young whippersnappers these days and that's why it took so long to break. She didn't budge. I told her she had lost a Microsoft customer and I was just as happy with my Wii and I would obviously not be buying any more 360 games or accessories. She asked if she had satisfied me and I said, "well no, if you had wanted to satisfy me you would have made me an exception to your limited-time rule and you would fix my console which was clearly manufactured in a period where you were having production problems." "Well sir, I'm not authorized to make that kind of exception." "You could talk to your supervisor and get an exception if your goal is truly to provide exceptional service as you have told me." So a few minutes later after talking to her supervisor (or not?) she approved the exception and in a month or so I should have a fixed XBOX 360. OK so only the very last part was nice, for the rest she was just an idiot.

Speaking of gaming, check out Overlord. Or at least check out the demo. Having your minions kill rabid flesh eating unicorns? HIlarious! Really, it's a very funny game.

1 comment:

Lisa and Andy said...

Wow, they took your argument to heart and expanded the warranty to 3 years!

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/AQTH06305072007-1.htm