Monday, July 9, 2007

How my iPhone saved an old man from getting beat up


This is a story of stupid and stupider.

I walked into Boston after work and saw Transformers. Awesome movie.

After I left the movie I decided to walk around and find something to eat. While doing that some guy (red shirt) decided to turn down a one-way street the wrong way. Well this old guy (white shirt) decided that was a no no and stepped in front of his car to stop him. They argued a bit and then the guy in the car got out and started pushing him, yelling about how he was willing to risk the ticket from the cops, he wanted to drive down the street the wrong way.

Well arguing turned into shoving. One way of course, the old guy wasn't stupid enough to fight back. So I stepped up and started taking pictures with my trusty iPhone, one of which you see in this entry. The guy gave me a nasty look but got right back to arguing.

Then two bellman from the next door Hyatt walked up to the two guys and started talking. Again, the younger guy could have cared less and kept on arguing with the old guy. So then I stepped up even closer and called 911. As the phone was dialing, he jumped back into his car and started driving away. I had enough time to give the operator his driver's license before he got to far. I was transferred and the new operator asked for the driver's license again. Luckily I had taken a picture of the driver's license so while I was talking to the operator on my iPhone I looked at the pictures on my iPhone so I could tell her the exact driver's license number!

After I got off the phone, I started walking to find dinner again. The old guy and one of the bellmen stopped me to thank me. As soon as the words were out of their mouths, the next ones were (in unison) "is that an iPhone?"

Oy. I finally found sushi. It was delicious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever have a boring day?

Ruth

Jeff said...

Of course not! I have an iPhone.