Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gaston

I am sitting on the Acela Express coming home from NYC. I think I like the train a lot. It's not crowded and I see a fair amount of water, so all is good.

Gaston is our coming-up-on-16 year old dog. He was hit by a car as a pup and has hip issues, can't walk very fast, etc. One of the first thing I did when I got back to the area was pick up one of my favorite magazines, The Washingtonian. In it I saw an article about a woman that has had great success doing pet acupuncture. Well I have been a massage therapist and a rolfer so I am certainly not one to poo-poo different modalities.

Long story short he had his first session last Saturday. On Sunday, he woke up without burning hot hips for the first time in forever, was spry, wanted multiple walks, etc. We are very happy and he is too. I could swear he was following me around religiously asking me to take him back.

Just don't ask me to get any acupuncture done on myself. Needles? No way.

No comments: