Friday, February 23, 2007

You go girl

I walked out of The Color Purple on Broadway at intermission because it was so bad but evidently I'm making another trip to NYC in the next 7 months because Fantasia is going to be Celie. So she can't act (did you SEE her Lifetime movie???). Who cares? I loves me some Fantasia. And I love her even more after she inadvertantly(?) gave Ryan Seacrest the finger while hugging him last night.

What was wrong with the musical? Well for starters, did anyone involved see the movie or read the book? No excuses there since Alice Walker, the author of the book, was involved with the production. Maybe I just was there on an off-night. Let's see... No one was afraid of Mister. Not even Celie. Mister wasn't even that mean to anyone. Mister's Daddy wasn't mean to anyone either. There was no connection between Celie and Nettie so I didn't feel much of anything when they were separated. Well that's enough to ruin it for me. No emotional connections = extremely bad musical.

No comments: