Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Queen Bee is no more

I just got word from my friend Paul that my favorite restaurant, Queen Bee is closed. It's in Arlington, Virginia and I used to be obsessed with it. They have my favorite summer rolls of all time. I used to go several times a week and when I travelled I would go on my way to the airport and on my way back home. Anyone who was anyone in my life for the 10 years or so since I discovered the restaurant went to Queen Bee.

I would call and say "can I place a take out order?" They would say "what would you like". I'd answer "2 orders of summer rolls...." and the immediate response was always "oh hi! how are you?" One time I was on a date going to the movies and was hungry. So we called ahead gave our order and asked if we could eat it there. So we showed up 15 minutes later and there was our food on the table waiting for us. 15 minutes later we were gone. Good times.

I checked the web to see if the restaurant had moved but couldn't tell. So I called the number and asked if this was Queen Bee.

The answer was "No, Queen Bee is no more."

No comments: