Monday, June 2, 2008

Karma and Vista

I replaced the graphics card on my Mac Pro on Friday. A side benefit is that the card supports DirectX 10. So what does my brain do? It tells me (totally without my permission) that I should now upgrade my boot camp partition to Vista. I had tried the Release Candidate and totally hated it, but now that Service Pack 1 is out I decided to give it a try. First I decided to be bad and try an actual upgrade rather than a clean install. It took forever of course and ended up leaving to take Blossom to Day Care and to go to the gym.

When I was in Day Care buying some more tickets for Blossom, a guy came up to me and asked if I had a white Honda. Well of course I do, and he told me that the car had rolled backwards. Into another car. Down a slight hill. It was one of the groomer's cars and there was a very small bump which she wasn't worried about. Skip had to bang our bumper back into place but that was the extent of the damage.

I think, though, this was the universe's way of punishing me for doing a Vista upgrade.

I got home and the install was totally hosed. I ended up having to do a clean install. It actually turned out pretty well (minus the microsoft normal abnormalities) and I haven't had any real problems yet. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

Yikes, sorry to hear :(