Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Discrimination part ???

Who can keep track?  Here is the latest incident experienced by Skip.  Evidently Home Depot still doesn't care if one of their employees is called a faggot.   I would have love to have seen the outrage if the N word was thrown around.

Skip's words...

"A fellow associate asked me to help a older male customer with window tint in the decor department. I walked over to the customer to tell him with tint was the one with the mirror side. I started to speak and said "This is the one..." I was cut off by the customer very loudly stated " Don't come over here with your attitude you flaming faggot... You sissy boys are going to show me the respect I deserve." I was blind-sided I just turned away and said I was done and walked away. I went down the aisle where a policewoman that I had spoke to earlier and she asked me what happened. I told her. She asked me if I wanted her to say something to him. I told her no thanks. She said she would not have  been able to keep her mouth shut she would have had to say something. I went over and told my supervisor what had happened and he said I am glad you didn't say anything back. (I knew he felt it was no big deal really) I also told him I would not help the customer and he went over to help him. I was back in the aisle with the policewoman and the customer walked down the aisle and from where he was he could not see her.  He started to snicker at me and she stepped out and said what did you say.  He said "nothing". she said I thought so. She was leaving too and I told her to have a nice day and she said "see ya later sweetie,  smooches!" We laughed and she went on her way.   

No comments: