Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sleep? What sleep?

I realize that this post will be laughable to those with children, you may use the time you would have used to read this post by getting a moment of zen...

Skip drove to the hypnotherapist in Pittsburgh yesterday to get a session geared towards weight loss.  My mom and I had both been previously and have found that is has been very worthwhile.  After the session Skip met my Mom at a local mall to drop off her Christmas goodies and then it was off to West Virginia to see his family.  This means of course that I was alone in the house last night.  No so big a deal for Skip as I'm away a lot, but I don't think I've been alone in our house in over three years, so it was very weird.  Skip lets the dogs out in the middle of the night and all that jazz but now it was my turn.  

/whine

The problem is that if it is past 3 or so and I wake up I don't get back to sleep.  Blossom wanted to go out about 1 am so they both went out and we went back to sleep.  At 4 am Blossom woke me up again and she was UP.  Now this is very weird because anything earlier than 9:30 am is early for her.  She stayed up and wired for a good hour before she decided it was nap time.  By this time, of course there was no way I was going back to sleep.  Unlike the people in the world with kids, I seem to need at least 6 hours of sleep a night.

/endwhine


No comments: